Monday, March 8, 2010

Fixed

The Oystercatcher photograph helped me fix my computer problem. I fretted for a half a day over why I couldn’t print Word documents, multitasking between fiddling with various settings and looking through my latest photographs from Conder Green, Lane Ends and the moss. Then while doctoring the Oystercatcher picture on Photoshop I thought I would try to print a photograph; when the black of the oycs came out mottled and runny it finally dawned on me where the problem lay. So I fitted a new black ink cartridge that replaced a dodgy one and hey presto problem solved.

Oystercatcher

Oystercatcher

The Oystercatchers were in good voice, displaying over Conder Pool whilst they sorted out who would get the prime spot on the rocky little island. There was an Oystercatcher with a badly deformed bill that I guess won’t be a prime partner but through Photoshop I fixed it for the bird to have a smarter bill.

Oystercatcher

"Fixed" Oystercatcher

The rest of the birds came mainly in singles, Coot, Little Grebe, Snipe, Goldeneye and Canada Goose but 8 Wigeon, 6 Tufted Duck, 14 Teal in the shallows and 6 of the aforesaid Oystercatchers.

Canada Goose

Wigeon

Teal

I stopped off at Lane Ends where I caught up with the Fieldfare again, and where the buckthorn berries look less colourful and appetising everyday. A Kestrel perched out in the sun for about two seconds before it took to hiding. It’s difficult to fix photographs where branches make up most of the frame; the story of my life this last week. But then a Pied Wagtail in the car park compensated me a little.

Kestrel

Kestrel

Fieldfare

Pied Wagtail

Later on I went to Rawcliffe Moss to meet the other lads and cut some rides in readiness for the spring mist netting.So first I stopped off early to get pictures again and hopefully not many Photoshop fixes would be required on a bright blue afternoon with no branches to get in the way.

Chaffinch

Wren

Blackbird

Robin

Corn Bunting


5 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks like a big heap of a feeding station!

Ayuwat Jearwattanakanok said...

I'm still looking for the oystercatchers in Japan. They're not really scarce actually but I've yet to see one.

The Corn Bunting also looks really nice!

Mary Howell Cromer said...

Quite lovely photo images, yet I know that I shall fret over wondering what should become of the one Oystercatcher with the deformed bill, poor little chap~

Unknown said...

Oh, swoon, those shots are awesome.
I love the Oystercatchers in flight (and glad they could solve your printer problem - smart birds :P ) and you made me wonder now, if I saw some Corn Buntings on Saturday.
Need to get those pics done.
:)
Thanks for sharing these Beauties!

Stuart Price said...

Love the sound of Oystercatchers, really reminds me of home. I've only ever seen them once in Japan, like Unravel said above they're pretty rare.

Related Posts with Thumbnails