Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Tidy Up

I was stuck in the house all day with rain beating down so I tidied up my pictures in Photoshop, sent many to the hard drive archive then found a few to share, mainly from Menorca. So for all my friends both there and here in the UK that share my passion for the island, its people, flora and fauna and the landscape, here are a few more pictures.

I think I said how Spotted Flycatchers were just everywhere, I never tire of watching them home or abroad.

Spotted Flycatcher

Spotted Flycatcher

Spotted Flycatcher

Spotted Flycatcher

The Egyptian Vulture is also called Pharoah’s Chicken after it’s very lengthy association with men and drawings of it have been found inside the tombs of Egypt. There's a good population of them on Menorca.

Egyptian Vulture

The pool water wasn’t just for swimming in, the gulls came for a drink.

Audouin’s Gull

Yellow-legged Gull

Here are some Menorcan specialities, all very easy to see.

Tawny Pipit

Hoopoe’s Lunch

Blue Rock Thrush

And to rest up from birding, some Menorcan places to linger.

Sa Placeta, Ciutadella-Great Coffee

Plaza de Es Born, Ciutadella

The Town Of Ferreries

2 comments:

Ayuwat Jearwattanakanok said...

The Spotted Flycatcher looks great! I like the second one from the top.
Seems like a very good place for birding with some really nice townscapes.

Paco Sales said...

Que preciosidad de fotos, como me gusta ver cosas de mi tierra en tu blog, es magnifico, un abrazo desde Menorca

Related Posts with Thumbnails